Wednesday, July 24, 2019

After a walk with the dogs we spent most of the day out on the boat. The wooden plate on our motor mount was worn out and rotted so Shaun found a replacement piece of pressure treated wood by the dumpster at the marina and brought it to a nearby construction site where they let him use their table saw!

The temps are in the mid 70s today and a bit overcast, the perfect day to get a few projects done. I helped Shaun lift the outboard off of its mount and onto our ladder where it sat during repairs to the mount. We found a can of acrylic waterproofing paint and I spread a smooth coat over the wood to protect it from early rot.

I’m usually not good for a mid day day nap but I sure took one today. While Shaun spent some more time siphoning water out of our gas tank on the dinghy, I slept for a good two hours.

We had alfredo pasta with lentils and spinach for dinner and then took the dogs in for a walk to the common. 

When we got back to the marina, Shaun, Brik and I all took showers before rowing back to the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment